Friday, September 4, 2009

Out With the New and In With the Old?

You know it's said that "Many people walk in and out of your life, but only true friends have left footprints in your heart"- Eleanor Roosevelt. It wasn't until recent events that I've found this too be true. My whole life I've tried to find friends who I knew would be there for me no matter what happened. Trust me I've been through a lot of social troubles. It's typical I've been stabbed in the back, deemed unwanted, and even had a hate website created to urge people not to talk to me. Every time I go through one of these terrible time periods in my life, I flutter to the next group of friends.

Just a month ago, My boyfriend and I broke up, no tears shed on my part It was overdue and this guy was like an emotional roller coaster ride (not to mention he was 17 with the maturity level of an eight year old). He called me every name in the book and through every heart wrenching insult at me that he could think of but, when he saw that these attacks didn't work he decided to go at another angle. He went after my newest group of "friends". One by One he told them lies and turned them against me. That was fine with me, because I still had my three best girlfriends. Until he lured them in with another lie as his bait and he caught them. That night i received a call from my so called friends frantically screaming at me and telling me how worthless I am.

Of course I thought once again I lost everything, and even worse it was two days before school. Then I reflected back on the last few month es I had been friends with these people. Every other day it seemed I was in an argument with them not to mention that they were getting into stuff such as drugs and alcohol that deemed irresponsible. After two hours of thinking I realized that although I may be friendless, I still am strong and I have a wonderful heart with a loving family which many of these people lacked.

But I was not friendless, to my surprise the people I had valued the most in my life soon gathered around me to pick up the pieces. The people who had left their footprint on my heart had always been there for me. I took them for granted and left them in the lurk because I thought I had meet a 'cooler' group of friends (which will be explained in a post later on). Eleanor Roosevelt was absolutely right but she forgot one thing these footprints have been fossilized in my heart and I will never forget how grateful I am to be blessed with the friends that have always been there for me.

To all these people: I love you guys, I'm sorry it took so long for me to realize it.

2 comments:

  1. I predict you will soon have many, many readers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and these readers will become your friends and like family...just like your ma is to me..

    ReplyDelete